Oct 24, 2012

Fun with Craft Fur, Part 1

It has been a long time since I've posted any pictures of my fly tying.  It isn't that I haven't been tying them, I just haven't taken any pictures.  I decided it was time to get back to it.  So, over the next week, I'll post a handful that I've created with craft fur.

The craft fur kick began quietly a while ago.  However, it has escalated into my material of choice.  It is easy to use and looks great in the water.


This one, as you can imagine, sinks like a rock.  I've been using it in deeper water or really fast currents.  I've gotten some pulls on it.  So, I know the fish are watching.

I'm heading off to fish the Klickitat tomorrow.  And of course, I'll be dragging along a box of flies made of synthetic material.  I'll mix it up with some made with more traditional materials and report back with the results.  Of course, that assumes I'll even get a grab.  Fingers crossed.


No comments: