May 24, 2012

Spey Clave / Sandy

Went to the Spey Clave last Saturday.  After walking around, eating food, and talking with others, I spent the last 4 hours fishing in Oxbow below the Clave.  Good looking runs with no action.  Was using T10 and T14 with various weighted and unweighted flies.  Water visibility was at least 6 feet.  I didn't mark down river stage,  however, looking back it appears to be around 9.5.  Temp was in the upper 40s.

Access Sandy / Oxbow
Air Temp 70's
Water Temp/Visibility 40'sF / 6 feet
Weather Mostly Sunny
River Stage 9.5?
Time in/out 4pm / 8pm
Leaders/Lines Comp Skagit
10 and 12 feet of T10-T14 All day
12lb Maxima
Flies Various sizes in winter and summer -
Notes Post Spey Clave fishing. Runs looked good. Didn't mark down river levels.  Had a few bumps.  No real pulls.

I'd post more, but I didn't take notes the day of, so I've forgotten all the important info.

No comments: