Aug 18, 2012

What happened?

Haven't made any posts in quite some time.  While I have fished a number of days, I just haven't had the energy to post here.  The days I've been able to get out, they've been on either the Washougal, Lewis, or Kalama.

My first trip to the Kalama was a good time.  While I didn't catch any steelhead, I did get to spend a warm and sunny day on some great water.  The fly-only section is simply outstanding as far as being alone in a secluded place.  You may not find as many fish as you would below the hatchery, but it is worth it just for the scenery.

Next week I'll be heading down to the North Umpqua.  Now that I live in the PNW, it isn't such a long drive. I can make a day trip out of it.  I consider the fly-only section to be one of, if not the best places to go fishing.  It is an almost magical place where it just makes me feel good to be there.  Never mind catching fish, there is something about it that I just cannot put my finger on.  I cannot wait.  I've been tying a bunch of skaters to get myself in the mood.


No comments: